How to Crack the Magento Expert Developer Certification
Hey friend, it sounds like you're looking to achieve this certification? You've arrived at the right place. This test is incredibly difficult and it's up to you to master all the concepts that are necessary.
But, what would it take to crack this exam (ideally, even ace it)? I have written materials that I guarantee will help you achieve the certification. A practice test, a study guide and a prep course—all with a money-back guarantee.
- Our materials are used by thousands of Magento professionals in 79+ countries.
- The prep course is a guided walk-through of Magento. This is ideal for those who are unsure as to their pass result. This includes the guide, 4-months of practice test access and Slack access.
- The study guide (included in the prep course) has over 175 of solid information about Magento development.
- It's all Guaranteed. You will pass.
If you are an agency and desire to purchase 5 or more seats, please contact us for special pricing. If you live in India, Bangladesh or Pakistan, please use 50OFFINDIA coupon to save 50% on any of our products over $100.
- Magento architecture (20 questions): files required for modules, purpose of each system-defined file in a module, how to perform basic CLI tasks, how to create a new module.
- Request flow processing (4 questions): understanding how to create a new route and a new controller.
- Customizing the Magento UI (9 questions): creating themes, understanding layout XML, templates, LESS
- Working with Databases in Magento (11 questions): understanding the difference between (and use cases for) models, resource models, collections and repositories. How to modify the database.
- Developing with Adminhtml (7 questions): utilizing the capabilities available for admin customization, like ACL, menus, store configurations, available scopes.
- Customizing Magento Business Logic (10 questions): how products work, strategies for catalog maintenance, understanding categories.
$499, for a limited time: $375.
- This course is for the test formerly known as the Magento 2 Professional Developer. Now, this certification is titled AD0-E703 Adobe Certified Expert - Magento Commerce Developer.
- If you live in India, Pakistan or Bangledesh, use the 50OFFINDIA coupon code for 50% off this course.
- A practical walk-through guide on how to build a module that is should have been included in Magento Open Source
- Almost 20 deep-dives of core Magento functionality.
- Over 20 hours of in-depth and quality instructional videos.
- Includes 3 months of practice test access.
- Includes 3 months of Mage2.tv access.
- Guaranteed at this price—for pre-orders.
- Lifetime coursework access.
- What if I want to take this slower or faster than ten weeks? Yep, you might be one of those ambitious devs who wants to get it done in five weeks. Or, you might be one of those (sadly) overloaded devs who needs to get this done, but it's going to be more than ten weeks. All content is available when you purchase. Keep in mind that the Mage2.tv subscription does have a time limit, so be judicious when you start that.
- I live in India, and this is very expensive. I understand. You work more hours than most other Magento developers and are paid (often) significantly less. Since you do want to take this test, I will help you out: use the coupon code 50OFFINDIA. Two notes: 1) both you and your company of employment must reside in India (feel free to purchase this yourself and use the coupon if your company will not reimburse you) and 2) this is based on the honor system. This only works for purchases over $100USD.
- Another question? Feel free to drop me a line.
- Read a section in the study guide.
- Study the related Magento code. If you don't understand a concept, build an example module or step through the code.
- Review the Magento DevDocs to get additional details.
About the Test
This test was previously known as the Magento 2 Professional Developer Certification. It is now the Adobe Certified Expert—Magento Commerce Developer. It's new certification number is: AD0-E703.Only the name and the time limit have changed. No questions or content have changed.
The Expert exam is probably the second-most-difficult example of the Magento 2 test line-up. It is similar to the Professional developer (previously Associate), but questions are significantly more advanced. It is my recommendation to start with the Professional developer exam and work up to this one. This test covers backend development, database modifications and general Magento architecture.
Joseph's difficulty meter: 9 out of 10. You will hear me regularly say that this test is extremely difficult. You should only undertake this test if you have significant Magento experience (not "just" installing modules) and are willing to invest significant amounts of time to pass. The results are worth it.
As you will see below, I wrote the course to help you prepare for this test. It is a "guided tour" and covers all concepts required to pass.
Pass score required: 62%. Time limit: 2 hours
How much experience should I have before attempting the test?
Adobe recommends 2 years of hands-on experience. In my findings, though, a candidate should have 1-2 years of difficult customizations and troubleshooting. Just installing modules and fixing easy problems on merchant websites will NOT be enough to pass.
The course that I have written, see below, is designed to help bring you the knowledge necessary while also taking the minimalistic route to getting this knowledge (don't be fooled, as it still is a lot of work). Provided you have some Magento development experience, you can easily pass the test with some additional study.
Here's what the test covers:
The Prep Course
If you're tired of trying and trying to achieve the Adobe Certified Expert Developer designation, I've built the solution for you. After helping many people get this certification, I've learned what is necessary to get you across the finish line. Yes, work and effort is required on your end—but make it a team, and we will get you across the finish line.
Frequently Asked Questions
This guarantee applies for all order at this special price. The only rule is that you must be first Professional Developer (formerly, Associate) certified. Here's how it works: you study, you learn, then you attempt the Magento Expert Developer (formerly, Professional) test. If you fail, I refund the amount to retake the test. But, better than that, I'll schedule a meeting with you so we can discuss what it takes to pass. I'll be surprised if this should happen, but should this happen again, I will refund up to the total paid for the course.
Can't I just use a free study guide?
I'm sure you've seen free guides on how to pass the Adobe Expert Magento Developer exam. Why spend this much when you can do it for free? The short answer is: it may be enough. For some it is (I have many testimonials of people who pass with my study guide), for others it isn't. Unfortunately, I have not heard of any positive results from the free guides (I am sure there have been some, but I haven't had the right conversations yet).
I have seen many people just read material and then attempt the test. The result? Failure. Not only is this discouraging, it is also expensive.
With this course, you not only get our study premium study guide, but also hours of video instruction and additional written instruction. This follows my methodology for passing every relevant Magento test (you can decide whether or not Order Management is relevant).
This study guide has been used by hundreds of Magento developers, world-wide. It is a PDF ebook that expands on all concepts that the Magento test covers.
How to use the study guide:
Magento’s study guide is brief, leaving the developer to fill in the blanks. Here is an example of Magento's study guide:
1.1 Describe Magento’s module-based architecture
Describe module limitations. How do different modules interact with each other? What side effects can come from this interaction?
Our expanded study guide contain several paragraphs of information to answer that question, along with each of the other topics and objectives in Magento’s abbreviated study guide. We our expanded study guide contains over 175 pages of study resources.
Yes, we will refund the money you paid for the study guide if you fail. However, having participated in writing this exam, just reading this study guide will not assure you of a passing score. You are spending $85 on a study guide for a $260 test, so it is important that you thoroughly study and practice. In order for us to provide a refund, you will need to have one of the first two practice test takes within a 4-week rolling window be over 65%.
This test is a 60 question, 90 minute exam. This test can be taken in the quiet, comfort of your home or office—you don't have to go to a testing center! This test is exclusively scenario-based questions: a stage is set, the question is asked based on that information and answers are provided. This type is not found on any other Magento certification and brings a tremendous improvement to the test-taking experience.