Who should apply:
We are a small, tight-knit agency assisting Magento merchants. We take great pride in our expert skill set in developing and maintaining websites on the Magento platform. This allows us to accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for full-time developers. We are open to some contracting capabilities. We will pay you $1,000 bonus if you bring someone who we hire.
Our culture is quite different than the vast majority of other Magento-focused agencies. Here’s what sets us apart (keep scrolling to see our offer):
- We are remote only. We are family-people. Working from home can save hours of commute time each day. This translates into happier people, as we can spend more time with our family. That said, we have a dedicated, distraction-free work area, so that we can take work seriously and utilize large segments of time (roughly 9:00am - 5:00pm).
- On the other hand, we are ambitious and eager learners. Life, for us, quickly becomes boring if we do the same thing over and over again. By growing our knowledge of our craft, we build better websites and experiences for our customers, and keep things interesting for ourselves.
- We share our knowledge. What the use of storing it up for ourselves? We have written over 500 pages of useful information for members of the greater Magento community. In fact, every year, we have a company "conference" where we fly to a cool destination and hang out for a couple of days—talking about the technology and eat good food.
Here is how we are similar to other agencies:
- Integrity is the highest value. We are candid and open. If we make a mistake we own up to it, instead of trying to cover it up. Everyone makes mistakes—it’s the grown-up people that take responsibility for what they do. We don’t blame others.
- We communicate. One of the most difficult parts of a remote team is communication. We have daily team meetings to ensure that stuff gets done.
- We offer a set amount of vacation (at least 3 weeks). We have found that no one uses "unlimited vacation". It is a nice-sounding term that is without substance. Instead, giving you a set amount of time off a year encourages you to actually utilize it.
- Solid Magento 2 experience, at least 1 year of development.
- Database / MySQL understanding, the capability to build complex queries.
- Basic LAMP or LEMP-stack management.
- 3+ years of PHP development experience.
- A quiet, dedicated workspace (we will pay for co-working space, if necessary).
- Bonus: Magento 2 Certified Professional or Associate Developer (if you aren't certified, we will require you to be certified in 1 year after hiring). We will help you become certified—who better to do that?
- Located in the United States. I know... there are many outstanding Magento developers all over the world. Please still apply, even if you are not in the US. However, many of our merchants strongly prefer 100% onshores talent.
What we offer:
- $60k - $100k+ salary. Certifications are important to increase your salary (ie, you are a senior developer if you have the Professional Developer certification or better).
- Generous health reimbursements.
- 3 weeks or better vacation. Of course, you get your birthday off, every year.
- Co-working space included (if desired).
Note that the above is for employees in the United States. At this point, US employees are our focus for reasons such as time-zone difference.
If this "profile" sounds like you, please apply here.