Test updated 4/23/2019:
Magento just released a new version of the test that covers Magento 2.3. Our practice test is up-to-date to help you assess your readiness to take the new Magento test.
We have built a practice test to help you prepare for the Magento 2 Professional Developer exam. This practice test has 44 questions (7 are free) with no time limit to complete. There is at least one question per objective sub point. Click the red button below to get started.
Paying gets you:
Of course, you can still try your hand at 7 questions, for free. But, when you pay, you get so much more:
- Guaranteed. If you fail the certification, we will refund what you paid for the practice test.
- Intelligent predictions. We tell you if you will pass the certification exam.
107 total questions.
More experience. More confidence in passing.
2 pools of unique questions.
- Your score per objective. You will know your weak areas before you take the certification.
- Scores in your inbox. Email your objective scores to track your improvement.
Advantages to purchasing 1-month unlimited: gives you a user account, so you can take the practice test whenever you like and on a separate computer from the one you purchased it on (ie, maybe you want to take it in the evening after work). It gives you time. Since the test has two unique question pools, the first two times you take the test are the best indicator of how well you’ll do on the real exam. After taking the first practice test, we encourage waiting to take the second round. Study your weak areas, and study hard. Then, go back in and take the second practice test.
Heads up: Did you know 2 months of access to this practice test are included with the purchase of the Certified Professional Developer Study Guide? Yes, that’s right! Hop on over and purchase your study guide complete with practice test access.
The Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam is here—and it is a badge of honor. This test proves your deep knowledge of the Magento Open Source system. Here are some topics you can expect to find:
- Magento 2 architecture (dependency injection, service contracts, XML files)
- Database architecture (models, resource models, repositories and collections)
- Frontend layout (blocks, templates, layout XML)
- Caching best practices and overcoming challenges
- Orders, checkout customization, customers, products
Purchase our study guide for the Professional Developer exam here.
In preparing for the “big event,” nothing is better than a trial run. We have put together a sample practice test. Our sample test contains 33 real-life questions.
Before you take this sample test, please purchase, read, and understand the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer study guide we have put together. It is very thorough and comprehensive.
Suggestions for using the practice exam:
- Don’t memorize the answers. That is not the purpose of the test. The purpose is to show you what areas in which you are weak.
- These questions will NOT be found on the final exam. They might be similar. As they say on the real test, memorizing answers won't get you across the finish line.
- If you get an answer wrong on a technicality, study what makes up the difference. Might you be thinking of Magento 1?
- Take your time and think about each answer. Visualize any admin area answers.
Please post questions or suggestions in the comments below.