The Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam is here and it isn't a cakewalk. This test proves your deep knowledge of the Magento Open Source system. Here are some topics you can expect to find:
- Magento 2 architecture (dependency injection, service contracts, XML files)
- Database architecture (models, resource models, repositories and collections)
- Frontend layout (blocks, templates, layout XML)
- Caching best practices and overcoming challenges
- Orders, checkout customization, customers, products
Get our study guide for the Professional Developer exam here.
In preparing for the “big event,” nothing is better than a trial run. We have put together a sample practice test. Our sample test contains 33 real-life questions.
Before you take this sample test, please read and understand the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer study guide we have put together. It is very thorough and comprehensive.
Suggestions for using the practice exam:
- Don’t memorize the answers. That is not the purpose of the test. The purpose is to show you what areas in which you are weak.
- These questions will NOT be found on the final exam. They might be similar. As they say on the real test, memorizing answers won't get you across the finish line.
- If you get an answer wrong on a technicality, study what makes up the difference. Might you be thinking of Magento 1?
- Take your time and think about each answer. Visualize any admin area answers.
Please post questions or suggestions in the comments below.