Otters love water.

They (sleep|eat|play) in the water—clean water.

Yet, approximately 25% of this world's population lack access to safe drinking water.
Your engagement with SwiftOtter brings clean water to people worldwide.


SwiftOtter commits at least 10% of our net profits to providing clean water.

(We say “at least” because we have often given significantly more)

Our goal at SwiftOtter is to provide unparalleled care when building or extending ecommerce websites. And we do this with excellence. But we don’t work with websites; we work with people. We make it smooth and easy for people to place orders. We facilitate business processes so that people can work efficiently and go home with smiling faces to their families.

This same human connection inspires our efforts to give back. We who have these luxuries forget to be grateful—until they become in short supply. And supporting this cause keeps us aware of our brothers and sisters of the human race.

When you choose SwiftOtter, you are helping people in need worldwide.

Photo of otter by Lilian Dibbern on Unsplash

The "otterly" amazing connection

Otters are intelligent, playful animals. There are thirteen official varieties, for example, the giant river otter, the North American river otter, and the European otter. They live on both land and water but are tremendous anglers, so they spend much of their time in the water. The North American river otter reaches speeds of almost seven mph while swimming. For comparison, the fastest human swimmer has barely cracked five mph.

But there’s a catch: river otters only survive in clean water. The presence of river otters indicates a healthy environment.

Humans are similar in that we require comparatively pristine water. Contaminated water is linked to the transmission of diseases such as cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and polio. These diseases often carry a life sentence.

The history

SwiftOtter has always been driven by a deep desire to give back. As we have been blessed in countless ways, we are called to bless others in like manner.

As of October 2022, SwiftOtter is consolidating to contribute to a single need: clean water. Why this? Pure water has been a passion for our founder, Joseph Maxwell. It also happens to be a part of who we are as Otters—we are privileged to drink clean water and want to share the love with others in this world.

The how

We have selected Lifewater International as our outlet for giving.

  • They focus on hard-to-reach areas that are typically underserved—but just as important.
  • They have an impeccable track record with independent auditors. They have been blessing underserved people for 45 years.
  • They are fiscally responsible. 80% of donations go to the field. The other 20% is used for fundraising or management.
Picture of a barrel of water with the Lifewater International logo on top
SwiftOtter, Inc.
Joseph Maxwell - president / senior developer at Swift Otter

President / senior developer at SwiftOtter - @swiftotter_joe